Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: What do you guys shoot?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm finally finishing my trailer for BLACK FOREST which I started last summer, and had to stop when the weather got crappy.
    I'm shooting it on 16mm, using a CP16R.

    Matt Pacini

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Matt Pacini:
    I'm finally finishing my trailer for BLACK FOREST which I started last summer, and had to stop when the weather got crappy.
    I'm shooting it on 16mm, using a CP16R.

    Matt Pacini
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Matt, What's your new film about? Are you shooting a trailer to line up investors?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I shoot cinema verite. I just finished a short documentary on the band Hillbilly IDOL.
    I should clarify this by saying that I shoot "direct cinema"...for all you purists out there.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 27, 2003 12:09 AM: Message edited by: rollemfilm ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Ratsder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2003
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fiction; a ghost story. Kara, a photographer, knows a good photo when she sees one. What she sees in the cemetery next door is not good and can't be photographed. On Super 8!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member dharmabum1949's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm working on an experimental film based on the tibetan book of the dead and "Howl"by Allen Ginsberg. Im processing (read abusing) my own B+W stock of primarily NYC footage, some shot on the streets, alot in the subway, and a little on a train. I'm done shooting and im processing the last 4 of about 16 total cartridges. I have the street and subway sequinces edited and it looks like its gonna be about 5-7 minutes long.

    I hope people keep posting on this topic, it motivates me to stay focused when i know that so many other people are getting work done. Does anyone have films or footage up on a website? Id be very interested in seeing other s8 filmmakers projets.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member mixmastermike81's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am shooting a music video for a band up here in Canada signed by Sony called Mordikai. It's kind of a weird stop-motion film. I am just getting my test reels back as we speak.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member mixmastermike81's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am shooting a music video for a band up here in Canada signed by Sony called Mordikai. It's kind of a weird stop-motion film. I am just getting my test reels back as we speak.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by dharmabum1949:
    I'm working on an experimental film based on the tibetan book of the dead and "Howl"by Allen Ginsberg. Im processing (read abusing) my own B+W stock of primarily NYC footage, some shot on the streets, alot in the subway, and a little on a train. I'm done shooting and im processing the last 4 of about 16 total cartridges. I have the street and subway sequinces edited and it looks like its gonna be about 5-7 minutes long.

    I hope people keep posting on this topic, it motivates me to stay focused when i know that so many other people are getting work done. Does anyone have films or footage up on a website? Id be very interested in seeing other s8 filmmakers projets.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, that sounds pretty interesting. Have you processed much of your own footage before? Can you post what you've done when it's complete? I don't know about this site but on the www.8mm.filmshooting.com site there are many examples of people's S8 work on the web.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member dharmabum1949's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is the first film I've made with hand processing. It took me a few cartridges to get the times just right but i have it pretty well figured out at this point.

    I wouldn't mind posting the finished film when I'm done, im not sure where i would upload it to however. I dont know exactly when Ill finish my project but I have a trailer that I wouldn't mind sharing, Ill put that up if someone can tell me how. I would also very much like to trade tapes with other filmmakers, if anyones interested just let me know.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Scott123's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2003
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by dharmabum1949:

    I hope people keep posting on this topic, it motivates me to stay focused when i know that so many other people are getting work done. Does anyone have films or footage up on a website? Id be very interested in seeing other s8 filmmakers projets.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah, once i get the very few rolls i have shot processed and transferred, i'd be happy to just upload an entire roll "as is" just for some stuff to watch. when your putting together skateboarding videos there's not much plot or hidden messages to put out. besides the actual skateboarding, i can just walk around and shoot timelapses and random things on the streets in the city which add a lot of flavor to the overall video (which is mostly shot in mini DV)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •